Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Book Number One

Since it is almost the end of April, you have the whole month of May to finish reading this book. I first read this book when I was in high school. It is a sci-fi novel, but it made me think. So here you go...enjoy!

"Ender's Game" - Orson Scott Card

6 comments:

  1. for anyone who doesnt have this book(because i dnt) i found it on amazon and ebay for around 6$ including shipping...fyi in case ur as bad as i am with returning books 2 the library :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the book today finally! Will start a-reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 start the convo...as soon as i took a break from reading, i had 2 go play spore.-> closest thing i could think of :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I've read half of the book, find it very intriguing! The kid is amazingly clever! Can't think of much else to say though... I'm liking it!
    ~liss

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have finished it. I think I enjoyed it more this time that the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok wow. so, i dnt know where 2 start in the questioning. 1st of all, i wished the whole book that i could be as smart as ender at the age he was. or even as valentine...and yet peters sense of control made me want to return to his character over and over again, and study what made him tick. however, by the end of the book, i hated what they had made ender into. he had gained so much, but lost so much more. it was as if the only way that ender could have true knowledge was to lose control of even the simplest things in life, all the while having the weight of the universe on his shoulders. y couldnt he be who he was, without the pressure? he could have done greater things, i think, than save the planet from an invasion that wasnt even happening. i felt miserable, for ender, by the end, and felt that his life had been wasted. so much knowledge...given so little power. ill add more l8r...this was just my thoughts when i ended it.

    ReplyDelete