Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The first chapter

So this is the beginning...the first chapter. A few of my friends and I decided to start a book club. Since the majority of us do not live in the same place, we decided to have a blog so we can discuss the books. We wanted to start this for a couple reasons.
1) To be introduced to new literature and new ideas
2) Intellectual stimulation

We will be taking turns in choosing the books, and the amount of time to read the book will fluctuate depending on the length and depth of the book.

I understand if life gets in the way and you get behind or need take a break. Also, I wanted to make it known that if there is a book that you feel would compromise who you are and/or what you believe in, feel free to skip it and wait for the next selection.

You may wait until to post at the end of the time given for the book, but feel free to post while you are reading the book. I will ask two thing though...
1) If you comment while reading, list the chapter you are discussing.
2) If you want to discuss something that with spoil part of the book, please make that known in your title so everyone has the choice of avoiding the spoiler if they choose.

I am very much looking forward to reading, thinking and even debating with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment